|Occupation||Attendants of God|
|Place of birth|| Heaven
Angels are winged celestial spirits who were created by God to worship and serve Him in Heaven as well as to serve him as watchers over the human world. They were created before time and matter, making them the oldest race of beings in existence. Angels were explored in depth in Memnoch the Devil, in which the character Memnoch is a fallen rebel archangel who serves God as the ruler of Sheol.
Angels were created out of nothingness by God specifically to worship and serve Him. When God created the Earth, the angels spent most of their time admiring His new creation.
Angels are divided into three triads consisting of The Nine Choirs.
The First Triad is made of the three choirs Seraphim, Cherubim and Ophanim. These choirs are closest to God, thriving in the light which could blind or dazzle others. They are in God's thrall and rarely move very far from the light. Memnoch describes them as unquestioning of God, "they adore God utterly, they experience without reserve the ecstacy of His presence...they are more docile, or more truly aware of God, depending on one's point of view".
The Second Triad is made of the three choirs Dominations, Virtues and Powers. They are a little farther from the light than the First Triad, more often travelling to and from Heaven, but there is otherwise little difference between the first two triads.
The Third Triad consists of the Principalities, Archangels and Angels. The Archangels in particular are described as having the most individual personality and flexibility. They were the first God created and also the strongest.
Memnoch the Devil Edit
Known Angels Edit
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
Angels are perhaps the most powerful beings is the universe.
- Immortality: As spirits existing outside of time, the angels are eternal beings.
- Superhuman Strength: Angels are as strong as the most powerful of vampires. They were not, however, strong enough to defeat the strongest of dinosaurs.
- Superhuman Speed: Angels can move at vampire-like speed and grace, although Lestat was able to outrun Memnoch once.
- Time Travel: Angels can travel to the past and back again.
- Shapeshifting: Angels can change their physical bodies into either a human form, a statuesque form, or into an angelic or otherworldly form reflective of their true spiritual forms.
- Dimensional Travel: Angels can travel between Heaven, Earth, and Sheol at will.
- Teleportation: Angels can appear and disappear instantaneously.
- Incarnation: Angels can take on human flesh and live as a mortal.
- Flight: Angels are independent of gravity.
- Incarnation: When angels take on mortal form, they become mortal themselves and vulnerable to mortal death. Upon death, angels descend into Sheol as mortals do where they remain imprisoned and banished from Heaven.